Whether you’re a freelancer working from home or simply like an extra space to organize your things, you’ll love some of these inspirations we’ve found floating around the web!
1. Keep it fresh + open!
Keeping your workspace filled with natural light and bright colors will help give you that extra motivation to get to the office every day. Natural light will leave you feeling more awake and focused as opposed to a dark and unnatural lit setting.
2. Use those nooks!
Even if you don’t have an extra room to convert into an office, try making use of those small spaces and get organized. Convert an under the stairway area to a great place to work and organize your books, papers, etc. for an out of the way office space.
3. Decorate the walls
Making your office feel creative can help inspire those juices to flow every day. Decorating your office will give that space your unique touch and make your workspace more comfortable on even your most stressful days.
Photos collected via Pinterest and can be found in our “Office Space Decor” board!
Photos from top to bottom >>
1) via abeautifulmess.com
2) via centsationalgirl.com
3) via apartmenttherapy.com
4) via howtodecorate.com
What holiday projects are you planning this year?
It’s that time of year where things may become hectic with the holidays rolling around the corner, but with all this time off from work – why not take advantage of the time and finally redo that basement or extra room!
As Better Homes and Gardens writes in their “Holiday Home Projects” article:
Whether your region brings ice and snow or clouds and rain during winter, chances are your outdoor living space will spend a good portion of the season out of commission. If your time indoors leaves you feeling a little crowded, look to your basement for room to roam. Finishing a basement offers a great way to extend your living space and also gives a higher return on investment than many other home projects. Whether you’re planning on selling your home come spring or you just need more space to live, consider finishing your basement.
So why not hire an Interior designer and leave the work up to them this holiday season! What better present to give yourself or your family than a new place to be without evening leaving your home!
Visit A Beautiful Room Interiors for more information on their design deals and this seasons holiday specials.
Looking for a fun and new way to display photos, notes, or your childrens artwork?
With Rust-Oleum Magnetic Primer, apply three coats to any surface and then top it with your favorite latex paint – you choose the color! Or try topping it with Benjamin Moore Chalkboard Paint for a multi-use surface.
The magnetic primer will give your wall the ability to act as an extra space to display almost anything with magnets!
Check out some fun ideas we’ve found around the world-wide-web!
1* Use Rust-Oleum Magnetic Primer as a base before topping it with a chalkboard paint to make displaying notes + photos fun in the main entry way for all!
2* Use the Magnetic Primer and your favorite latex paint to make a creative space to share photos in your workspace.
3* Used in your child’s bedroom or playroom to have a special way to display their school work, art, and get their creative juices flowing with letter / word magnets!
Want to add some sparkle to your home? Or maybe add a twist to your typical Halloween decorations?
Check out our Glitter Clear Sealer + Mirror Effect by Rust-Oleum found in both Exeter Paint and Exeter Paint West.
DIY ideas we love for the Hallowen season:
1) Sparkly Pumpkins Spray paint a layer of sparkle to small pumpkins for an extra zing this Halloween! Use any color variation of Rust-Oleum Glitter Spray + Glitter Clear Sealer to finish it off.
Display on the dining room table, outside on your front stairs, or anywhere you want to be reminded that Halloween isn’t just for dark and scary things.
2) Sparkly Skeletons Or maybe you do want some scary to add to your home this fall. With our DIY project, use Rust-Oleum Glitter Spray to color some plain white, plastic skeleton heads. Top it off with the clear seal and you’re ready to use these year after year for a sparkly, scary surprise!
3) Mirror Effect Pumpkins ‘Tis the season to be creative! With an access of pumpkins and creative energies flowing, why not try out our new Rust-Oleum Mirror Effect Spray paint this fall? Mix us the sparkle with some head-turning mirror spray. Simply take your pumpkins, apply mirror effect spray paint and voila! Some new life to a traditional fall decoration.
What’s your favorite Halloween decoration?
How would you sparkle it up or add some mirror effect paint?
Share your project ideas to us on our Facebook Page and we’ll choose our favorite at the end of the month for the opportunity for great prize give-aways!
A fun DIY project this Fall season can also help you reuse and recycle old flower pots that you may have tucked away!
No matter the size of your old flower pots (or flower boxes!) – adding some fresh Uniquely Exquisite Tintable Chalk Paint from Exeter Paint can help give your garden or front steps that extra sparkle this fall!
Simply follow our step-by-step guide on how to create these beautiful accents for your home!
1) Stop into Exeter Paint or Exeter Paint West to pick up your own container of Uniquely Exquisite Tintable Chalk Paint. Choose ANY color from our swatches and one of our friendly staff will mix it up for you. Also buy top gloss
2) Find those reusable + recyclable pots or flower boxes to give new life to! If they’re not sitting around in your garage, pop around town looking for some bargains at Garage Sales or Antique Stores! You’re sure to find a gem sooner or later to give some new love and life.
3) Open, stir, and paint your pots! When applying Chalk paint, you’ll see visible brush strokes, but it’ll dry pretty smoothly. Apply several thin coats to get your desired look.
4) Use a clear wax for a velvetty, matte finish on your new pots! But if you’re looking for a more glossy glow, apply a satin or gloss finish which can also be found in either of our Exeter Paint stores.
5) Display your new pots in your garden or on your front steps! Take photos and share with us on Exeter Paint + Exeter Paint West Facebook Page for chances to be entered into our next monthly promo-giveaway! Plus, we can always use some inspiration from our readers.
What will be your fall DIY Chalk Paint project?
Share with us in the comments below! We love inspiration.
*Photos by NIna McCarthy at A Beautiful Room, LLC.
Featured in her latest interior + exterior design project.
Free Gallon of Interior California Eggshell Wall*
New to Exeter Paint & Exeter Paint West Disney Frozen Removable Wall decals, Boston Red Sox Paint & Wallpaper, and Uniquely Exquisite Chalk Paint . Perfect for boys and girls room . . .
. . . or the Man Cave.
*Like Exeter Paint & Exeter Paint West on Facebook and share the link on your wall in order to qualify to enter a FREE gallon of Interior California Eggshell Wall on September 17, 2014!
ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT! DON’T MISS OUT!
Whether it’s for a child’s room, the kitchen or your own bedroom – wallcoverings can help spice up the room in a playful, glamorous, or subtle way.
Like choosing a paint color, choosing your new wallcovering or wall decals can be an overwhelming process with so many options available. With the help of one of our friendly staff or in-house interior designer, we can help you dream up the newest design additions to your walls!
Look at some inspiration from our partners websites below, get dreamin’ and come into the store today!
*At Exeter Paint & Exeter Paint West we carry York Wallcoverings, Thibaut, and RoomMates: Peel & Stick Décor. Click on photos above to view product information on store website.