We love sharing ideas we come up with on our own and those by which we’re truly inspired!
These two projects would be lovely for a weekend project to give you home a touch of Autumn warmth.
Photos + ideas fond on Midwestliving.com
Have an old wheelbarrow hanging around either in the back of your garage or somewhere in your backyard? Why not make it a decorative display pot for your fall flowers.
We like to use chalkpaint for almost any project . . . but really, any paint will do! Choose a color like this deep green that we can match at the Exeter Paint store – or whatever color you prefer!
Paint your old wheelbarrow, add soil, flowers + leafy plants and VOILA! A beautiful, fall display.
Take wooden frames, any color paint you’d like, and voilia! You’ve got your base to make a creative way to display the beautiful pieces of fall. For example, this deep red frame to display freshly fallen fall leafs.
“For an easy mantel display, combine brightly colored fall leaves with an empty picture frame.
Hang leaves on S-hooks (used for jewelry making and found at crafts stores) or pin to a ribbon. Put nails in both sides of a colorful frame and suspend the ribbon loosely across the center, tying it to the nails. Add to the display by spreading a branch full of brightly colored berries across the length of the mantel and setting small gourds on top of egg cups.”
All creative rights go to Midwestliving.com
Quote from Midwestliving.com
A fun DIY project this Fall season can also help you reuse and recycle old flower pots that you may have tucked away!
No matter the size of your old flower pots (or flower boxes!) – adding some fresh Uniquely Exquisite Tintable Chalk Paint from Exeter Paint can help give your garden or front steps that extra sparkle this fall!
Simply follow our step-by-step guide on how to create these beautiful accents for your home!
1) Stop into Exeter Paint or Exeter Paint West to pick up your own container of Uniquely Exquisite Tintable Chalk Paint. Choose ANY color from our swatches and one of our friendly staff will mix it up for you. Also buy top gloss
2) Find those reusable + recyclable pots or flower boxes to give new life to! If they’re not sitting around in your garage, pop around town looking for some bargains at Garage Sales or Antique Stores! You’re sure to find a gem sooner or later to give some new love and life.
3) Open, stir, and paint your pots! When applying Chalk paint, you’ll see visible brush strokes, but it’ll dry pretty smoothly. Apply several thin coats to get your desired look.
4) Use a clear wax for a velvetty, matte finish on your new pots! But if you’re looking for a more glossy glow, apply a satin or gloss finish which can also be found in either of our Exeter Paint stores.
5) Display your new pots in your garden or on your front steps! Take photos and share with us on Exeter Paint + Exeter Paint West Facebook Page for chances to be entered into our next monthly promo-giveaway! Plus, we can always use some inspiration from our readers.
What will be your fall DIY Chalk Paint project?
Share with us in the comments below! We love inspiration.
*Photos by NIna McCarthy at A Beautiful Room, LLC.
Featured in her latest interior + exterior design project.
New to Exeter Paint + Exeter Paint West = Glow In the Dark Spray Paints
Whether it’s a fun wall design for your child’s bedroom or for halloween decoration, the new glow in the dark spray paint can be used in various DIY projects this fall!
Some ideas we love at Exeter Paint include DIY project:
1) Design in a child’s room | You know the feeling of looking up at the star sprinkled sky at night? Now how cool would it be to fall asleep under those stars within your bedroom or have them in your playroom to gaze at in the dark with your friends? With the Glow In the Dark paint you can give your kids (or you!) these fantastic wall designs. Check out GoodHomeDesign.com for their creative ideas!
2) Glowing Jars| For any occassion you feel could use a little glow! Check out these beautiful DIY ideas from TheGoldJellyBean.Com – They take you through a step-by-step process on how to make these jars!
3) HALLOWEEN! Get ready for Halloween this year with some glow in the dark ghost balloons as seen on JustImagine.com! Just spray paint some balloon, blow them up, and add some scary faces and mwahahahahaha . . . Happy Halloween!
We’ve heard of the chalkboard paints and how fun and easy they are to use to create a useful space within your home – but what’s all the buzz about chalk paint and what’s the difference?
While chalkboard paint gives us the traditional school-age, black, chalkboard look, feel, and usability, chalk paint comes in a large variety of colors made for painting furniture, floors, and walls to give a matte, velvety finish.
At Exeter Paint + Exeter Paint West, we are proud to carry
Uniquely Exquisite Tintable Chalk Paint. With this brand exclusively available at the Exeter Paint stores you can come in and choose from a wide range of colors for your next outdoor or interior project. Chalk paint can be used on almost any surface from wood to metal to plastics.
Use Chalk Paint in a fun DIY project to revamp an old piece of furniture . . . or your car!
Jason Barrat shared his amazing paint job using Chalk Paint with Exeter Paint + Exeter Paint West on Facebook! He chose purple and black tinted chalk paints and revamped his wife’s car.
You can recreate his beautiful, velvety, matte finish with Uniquely Exquisite Tintable Chalk Paint from Exeter Paint! We can mix any range of colors for you at either of our store locations.
Would you be bold enough to paint your car with chalk paint? What about old kitchen cabinets or a dresser? Tell us your Chalk Paint stories in the comments below!