This holiday season, Exeter Paint + A Beautiful Room have teamed up to bring you over $100 savings in paint products and professional design expert advice as well as a chance to give back to the community!
Step 1: Bring in 4 Non Perishable Food Items to either Exeter Paint or Exeter Paint West anytime from December 3rd to December 23rd. Donations will be made to Cross Roads in Portsmouth, N.H.
Step 2: The gift for you! 4 Cants for 4 Cans Holiday Promo! Once you’ve donated your canned goods, we’ll give you 4 GALLONS OF INTERIOR WALL PAINT and A 1 HOUR In Home Color Consultation with Nina from A Beautiful Room ~ over a $300 value for only $99.00 !!
Step 3: Schedule your In Home Color Consultation with Nina today!
* give yourself a little holiday gift *
Winter time is the best time for those painting projects you keep saying you’re going to do year after year, but somehow keep getting pushed to the bottom of the ”to-do” list!
We’ve decided to take our top 3 reasons you should pick up that paint and make one of these wintry weekends the perfect time to stop procrastinating and give your rooms a fresh look!
1) When it’s too cold outside to have the energy to put on all those layers, keep the heat turned on, your painting clothes ready and get to work! Paint will dry between 50-85 degrees Fahrenheit, whether the wall insulation is thick or thin. Use fans or space heaters to help dry the paint quicker if need be . . . but remember a nice cool/warm temperature will help the paint dry AND settle as it should. Unlike in hot hot hot weather when the paint dries too fast and you’re left with an uneven finish. For winter weather, nearly odorless paints can also be used to make the fresh coat of paint not so overwhelming when the project is done. So work up a sweat while recreating your space this winter!
2) If you get your interior painting done during the winter months, that’ll leave you time in the spring (when it’s not raining!) to head to the exterior of the house, paint, and leave your summer free of home projects for you to enjoy more time relaxing, eating ice cream, or lounging at the beach . . .
3) Paint Contractors work all year round and can help make your winter time blues fly away with a fresh look in any of your rooms. Contractors will work quickly and be out of your hair in no time. Plus, it lets you cozy up by the fire with a creamy hot chocolate as they do all the work! Prices will vary, but ask for recommendations at either of our Exeter Paint stores and our helpful staff will you send in the right direction to find the right person for you.
* Benjamin Moore Paints + California Paints
available at Exeter Paint stores *
At Exeter Paint we like to make things easy. That means helping you choose the right color, the right paint, and all the right materials for your at home project. But we also want you to feel like you can bring our expert opinions home which is why we’ve started #PaintTipWednesday. We hope to make projects seem less daunting and help you get the professional look you want.
Lap marks are those ugly stripes caused by uneven layers of paint buildup. They occur when you roll over paint that’s already partly dry. (In warm, dry conditions, latex paint can begin to stiffen in less than a minute!) The key to avoiding lap marks is to maintain a “wet edge,” so each stroke of your roller overlaps the previous stroke before the paint can begin to dry.To maintain a wet edge, start near a corner and run the roller up and down the full height of the wall, moving over slightly with each stroke. Move backward where necessary to even out thick spots or runs. Don’t let the roller become nearly dry; reload it often so that it’s always at least half loaded. Keep the open side of the roller frame facing the area that’s already painted. That puts less pressure on the open side of the roller, so you’re less likely to leave paint ridges. – Familyhandyman.com
Exeter Paint HOLIDAY PROMO!
Join the Exeter Paint team in collecting coats for kids this fall + winter season! Stop by the store at 75 Portsmouth Ave. Exeter, N.H. to drop off any winter coats, boots, hats, scarves, mittens, sweaters, etc.
All donators will receive $5.00 OFF any gallon of paint!
Good until December 12, 2014
Donations can also be made directly at Wonderland Thrift Shop
at 28 Portsmouth Ave. Stratham, N.H.
For that screen window / door repair! Check out how Kayla does it + then give us a call to schedule your repairs today!
Exeter Paint: 603.772.6580
Exeter Paint West: 603.679.1223
The inspiring interior designer, Danika Herrick, posts regularly to her blog and Facebook page displaying beautiful projects that can work as inspiration for us all.
Her latest: an almost complete entry way featuring some DIY projects you can find on her blog along with a stunning stone grey wall color + leopard print accents on the stairs.