This holiday season, Exeter Paint + A Beautiful Room have teamed up to bring you over $100 savings in paint products and professional design expert advice as well as a chance to give back to the community!
Step 1: Bring in 4 Non Perishable Food Items to either Exeter Paint or Exeter Paint West anytime from December 3rd to December 23rd. Donations will be made to Cross Roads in Portsmouth, N.H.
Step 2: The gift for you! 4 Cants for 4 Cans Holiday Promo! Once you’ve donated your canned goods, we’ll give you 4 GALLONS OF INTERIOR WALL PAINT and A 1 HOUR In Home Color Consultation with Nina from A Beautiful Room ~ over a $300 value for only $99.00 !!
Step 3: Schedule your In Home Color Consultation with Nina today!
* give yourself a little holiday gift *
As our #PaintTipWednesday continues we bring you the quote that inspired this weeks tip:
”Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?” – unknown
And as many of us know, there isn’t enough time in the days to get everything done — especially waiting for paint to dry to get on with the next layer before putting your home back to functioning order . . .
So, if you’re looking for a way to quickly dry your paint, grab the hair dryer out of the bathroom closet and focus on the wet spots that are really drying too slowly.
It’s important to keep the end of the dryer about two feet away from the wall (or whichever wet surface) to keep the paint from forming bubbles. Moving the dryer slowly over the wet areas until the paint appears to be evenly dried.
*Of course, this technique works very well on smaller surfaces.
For those larger projects, it may be best to close off the room, turn up the heat and either open up the windows or add a moving fan to help the warm air circulate better.
Winter time is the best time for those painting projects you keep saying you’re going to do year after year, but somehow keep getting pushed to the bottom of the ”to-do” list!
We’ve decided to take our top 3 reasons you should pick up that paint and make one of these wintry weekends the perfect time to stop procrastinating and give your rooms a fresh look!
1) When it’s too cold outside to have the energy to put on all those layers, keep the heat turned on, your painting clothes ready and get to work! Paint will dry between 50-85 degrees Fahrenheit, whether the wall insulation is thick or thin. Use fans or space heaters to help dry the paint quicker if need be . . . but remember a nice cool/warm temperature will help the paint dry AND settle as it should. Unlike in hot hot hot weather when the paint dries too fast and you’re left with an uneven finish. For winter weather, nearly odorless paints can also be used to make the fresh coat of paint not so overwhelming when the project is done. So work up a sweat while recreating your space this winter!
2) If you get your interior painting done during the winter months, that’ll leave you time in the spring (when it’s not raining!) to head to the exterior of the house, paint, and leave your summer free of home projects for you to enjoy more time relaxing, eating ice cream, or lounging at the beach . . .
3) Paint Contractors work all year round and can help make your winter time blues fly away with a fresh look in any of your rooms. Contractors will work quickly and be out of your hair in no time. Plus, it lets you cozy up by the fire with a creamy hot chocolate as they do all the work! Prices will vary, but ask for recommendations at either of our Exeter Paint stores and our helpful staff will you send in the right direction to find the right person for you.
* Benjamin Moore Paints + California Paints
available at Exeter Paint stores *